LIFE is a bucket full of IRONY.. it's a package DEAL you'd find HARD to COMPLY but even HARDER to DISREGARD.. it's either you DIVE IN and DROWN to be ALIVE.. or HOVER thousands of feet above the ground to DEVASTATATION.. it is INCOMPREHENSIBLE and INTOLERABLE.. but it GIVES you a COURSE to UNDERSTAND and ENDURE life..


--sUch a woRk oF aRt--

vaGue oR iRoniC?

My photo
..i'm an outgoing but exclusive person..i like sticking to a single perspective but i often think twice..i love to share but i keep things to myself..i like expressing my thoughts but i make myself unheard..i am sensitive but i care less to what others may say..i like it when people turn to me but i deprive myself from running to them..i love life but i make it complicated..

Friday, August 17, 2007

LookiNg foR My bRokeBaCk*

Just the other night, I watched “Brokeback Mountain” on DVD. I believe the movie was a hit but then some friends warned me that I might fall asleep while watching the movie. For the record, I didn’t fall asleep. Actually, I found myself contemplating after I watched the movie. It was such a sad story. It made me feel sad. Very seldom would a movie take an effect on me after watching it. Surprisingly, this movie is one of those. I was intrigued before of how the movie would go having an unusual theme. But then as I watched the movie, the story itself caught me.

The film tells a story about forsaken love due to the confirmation to society. But through time, they realized how deep their feelings are for each other that they even found a way to still be connected and be together. What caught me here was the realization that time itself cannot erase or change what a person really feels. They both have their own lives and yet, they still find themselves longing for each other. It made me realize how regretful it will be to walk away from something or someone who really means a lot to you. That no matter what we do, if the feeling is true, it will never leave us and we will eventually find ourselves looking forward the day to be with the one we really love. They may be wrong about the lies they keep from their families and their love can never justify what they do but still, I somehow admire how they find a way to express their love for each other. That they’d even go beyond their boundaries. I’m not saying that I favor infidelity. It will never be right. It’s just that I find their love to be very powerful that it binds them through time.

I even envy them for they have the “Brokeback Mountain” to go back to every time. I’ve lost a love and like them, it would be very wrong to have the flame back because like them, we both have our own commitments. But unlike them, I have no idea if I’d be able to express myself on the other line. Until now, I’m wishing for my own “Brokeback Mountain” to go back to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"time itself cannot erase or change what a person really feels"

...siguro nga, totoo itong phrase na 'to..magdaan man ang napaka habang panahon, kung ano man ang minsan mong naramdaman para sa isang tao, di mawawala yun, maaaring mabawasan o di kaya madagdagan, pero kailanman di mawawala..

-- / leo / -- said...

--oo nga.. ang hindi lang maganda dyan.. kailangan mo pa magdaan sa pain.. mas maganda sana kung magkasama kayo through time.. mabawasan man o madagdagan yung feelings nyo for each other..
--we're experiencing pain that i don't think we both deserve.. ang masakit nyan.. sooner or later you'll discover more of how much your heartache took an effect on you.. may mga 'after shocks' pa pala after the 'immediate after shocks'.. like what i'm going through now.. sana lang it won't happen to you.. coz it would make both our hearts sad..
--if you need some ideas or opinions.. just ask me and i'd be very much willing to give you a word (or words)..
--bilog ang mundo.. next time tayo naman.. (--,)